Monday, March 12, 2007

Divine Nature

Ok, so I was looking for a verse to blog about or to find one that would go with how I was feeling, so I read "the verse of the day" on BibleGateway.com and it just totally worked! Yesterday it was so gorgeous outside and I just really felt like I needed to go for a walk and be with God. So I went to St. Vital Park, and just walked around with the beautiful nature and the lovely smell of fresh air and trees, it was wonderful.

So I stumbled upon this verse;

"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." (2 Peter 1:4)

The verse might not exactly show how I felt with the need to be outside and walking in nature, but when I read it, I just picture everything being so crazy and constant in my life, and then when I was walking through the park, with the sun setting over the frozen river, I just felt so peaceful and relaxed.

Praise God for His wonderful gifts of beauty and nature for us to enjoy.

Until next time, God Bless.

No comments: