Thursday, January 25, 2007

An Intimate Setting

Last night I wasn't feeling so good so I had a chat with a friend in hopes that it would make me feel better, and it did a bit. When our chat was over I had tears in my eyes and a very strong urge to be alone in prayer. I took up the idea I recieved from my friend Chad about reading my bible by candle light, so I found a small candle that was sitting in its' box still in my room, grabbed my bible and journal and headed upstairs to the most quiet room in the house (the living room which is inclosed with a set of french doors), I sat down on the floor, said a silent prayer to God, lit my candle, prayed a little more, and then flipped open my bible.

Usually when I open my bible I don't have a set place I go to and start reading, I just flip through it until something makes me start reading, and I usually find this quite interesting because most of the time I do stumble upon passages that really speak to me about how I'm feeling at the moment.

After I was finished reading my bible, I wrote a little journal entry/prayer/devotional entry into my journal and when I was finished, I felt a lot better inside, I felt like God had really been with me and my spirits were starting to lift. The candle was a really nice touch as well, it gave me a feeling of warmth as I read and wrote by it, I think I'll dedicate that candle that was sitting lonely on the shelf in my room to my special prayer times from now on. Thanks Chad, for the great idea!

I love the power of prayer, and I love the feeling of comfort that God gives me. And I pray in thanks for my friends who are always there for me when I need them, thank you so much.

Until next time, God Bless.

1 comment:

Chad said...

glad you like my advice
im praying for you
chad