Saturday, January 20, 2007

Don't Worry

I used to think that I was a very mellow/laid back kind of person, but it seems lately that I do find myself worrying a lot more, and I don't like it! I mean, I've always worried about my friends and stuff, because I care about them and I don't want them to be hurt/upset/in pain or anything like that, so I thought that was kind of a normal thing to worry about.

I don't find myself worrying about the future really, especially now because I know that God has a plan for me and I know he wont let anything bad happen as long as I continue to follow His path and live by His word, and I very much plan to do so.

My friend, Jeremiah, tells me that I worry too much and that I really shouldn't and he shared with me a passage in the bible that might help me to understand and show me, that I really don't have to worry so much. I don't think he could remember exactly the chapter and verse number but he did know that it was in Matthew, so I went home and I read it and it did make me feel better, and I loved the fact that Jeremiah would help me with that. In my version of the bible, Matthew 6:34 reads:

"Don't worry about tomorrow. It will take care of itself. You have enough to worry about today."

So...that's my thoughts and feelings about that...everyone worries and thinks about things, but give your worries up to God and let him help you with them, everything will be alright.

Until next time, God Bless.

2 comments:

Harland said...

you really do need to stop worrrieing about stuff and enjoy life chantel. i know that im just a hypocrite cuz i worrie all the time. dont worrie about your friends, if they are your friends they will stick with you no matter what, if your mad/sad/happy w/e. ive come to relise that lately, that i dont always have to be a yes man to my friends, and you should too. just be yourself and your mood that you are now, dont put on a mask for anyone!
revolt and conquor! lol
(thats just what i think anyways)

Jeremiah said...

hey, yeah u need to stop worrying, but im happy i could help u a bit, anyways, keep it up miss.
Jeremiah