Saturday, January 27, 2007

Burning Out The Fear

Today I just felt like God worked wonders in my heart and was with me all day and provided me with strength, happiness, love, kindness, all that wonderful stuff that I continually pray for on myself and others as well.

Tonight was Youth and it was AWESOME! Everything about it was just great, I'm so happy that I went. Sledding was so much fun, I wasn't really scared at all, which is a surprise to even me because usually I am definitely a big wuss hah! But I don't know...I seem to get like strength and courage at random times and it feels great. I did wipe out once though..Hah..not good...I did hurt pretty bad but I didn't want to show that so I sucked it up as fast/good as I could and kept going!

Once things settled a bit, everyone gathered for devotional time so a bit was read from the bible and then we discussed it/answered some questions revolving around it and had some prayer time. We also did this really neat thing where everyone got a stick and we stood around the fire pit and we had to name our stick after a fear we had in our hearts/lives....I was going to keep my story about my stick to myself, but I actually feel like it's an important thing for me to share inorder for whomever wants to read this, to get a little more of insider..."On My Thoughts"...ha..(my blog name)

So...there are quite a few fears/concerns I have in my heart, but I chose to name my stick after my fear of loosing good relationships with people I truly care about. My friends and family that are true and dear to my heart, definitely contribute to my strength, happiness, and all other positive important things in me, so the idea of possibly loosing what I share with any individual friend or loved one, definitely scares me.

So I threw my stick in the fire and allowed God to help me with that fear and "burn it away" I felt really good about it, I just wanted to sit there and pray and pray and pray...Those times defeinitely get to me and hit a soft spot in my heart...

- Thank you Lord, so much...thank you. I know that you are so amazing and I know that you see what is in my heart and I pray that you help me to burn out all the bad, all the negative, and all the things that will hold me back from becoming the better person that I want to be. And I pray that you were there and listened to everyone else's hearts and fears and burn their's away too, I know you were and will, but I pray for them as well. I love you, thank you, In Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen. -

Thanks for reading...Until next time, God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?