Monday, January 29, 2007

From Chad

"Such a large crowd of witnesses is all around us! So we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially the sin that just won't let go. And we must be determined to run the race that is ahead of us. We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete. He endured the shame of being nailed to a cross, because he knew that later on her would be glad he did. Now he is seated at the right side of God's throne! So keep your mind on Jesus, who put up with many insults from sinners. Then you won't get discouraged and give up." (Hebrews 12:1-3)

I was so confused when Chad posted this passage to me...and I had to read it like five times before I could make sense of it in my heart..."keep your mind on Jesus.." it says. Well of course! Would be my answer, why wouldn't I keep my mind on Jesus? But I guess we sometimes...forget, and our mind wanders and we don't think "What would Jesus do?" at first.

I don't know exactly why Chad felt he had to share this passage with me. I hope it was just a reminder...or encouragement. Because that's how I took it. I read it over and over and wrote a journal entry about it. And I'm really going to try....when anything is bothering me, or upsetting me, or anything like that. I am going to keep my mind on Jesus and I will pray, and I know he will help me through whatever obstacles are placed before me. I want to run my race! I want to walk down the righteous path that God has made for me, and I will.

Thank you Chad, for this.

Until next time, God Bless.

1 comment:

Chad said...

keep on running the race, keep your eyes on Jesus.

your brother in Christ,
Chad