Monday, January 22, 2007

He's Always There

Last night, something was really bothering me, and it wasn't good. I was kind of upset, I just wanted to go find a little hole somewhere and crawl into it and stay there. It was definitely not one of my better moods.

I found myself taking a bath and praying to God for him to help me with the issue that was on my mind and bothering me....I read my bible and wrote the longest journal entry about it so far. I even was looking around on the internet about stuff when I can across this passage...

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," (Jeremiah 29:12-14)

It really gave me hope to just stumble across this passage, it made me feel like...God wants me to talk to him and pray to him and go to him because I am feeling the way I am. So I did. I spent all the time before I fell asleep praying, and I fasted for most of today so that I could focus on my prayers and what was troubling me. Near the end of the afternoon, I was starting to feel much better about things, and all there was left to do, was to thank God.

I needed him, and he was there. He is always there.

Until next time....God Bless.

1 comment:

Chad said...

hey, its awesome that you fasted today well at least for part of it, i hope it was a exelent expirence
thanks for commenting on my page, it really encourages me
your brother in christ
chad