Sunday, May 27, 2007

Baptized!

"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

I got baptized today! It was amazing, such a great feeling to know that I have declared my love and faithfulness to the Lord and that I am a new person, starting a new chapter in my life. The love and support from my friends and family has been great and I'm so encouraged to just get my life organized and all fixed up and start living my life in a way that I know will honour God.

Today was just a great day and I wish I could have spent more of it in celebration with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, but stuff came up and it didn't work out. But that's alright because I think we're going to plan a baptism party...haha that would be fun!

I don't really have much to say about other things....an update on my dad is that he finally got a surgery date (June 21st) so that the doctors can go in there and remove his kidney that has the cancer in it. He is doing well considering everything, I just hope and pray that the surgery goes well, that they get out everything they have to get, and that he recovers quickly and smoothly. I know God will be there and be with us.

Thanks for reading, until next time, God Bless.

No comments: